Thursday, October 18, 2012

Walking to the bus stop

Worked til 1am, got home at 140, finally crashed around 300, only to have to rouse myself at 625 to get Sam up and ready for school, pack his lunch, and walk him to the bus stop.  It's okay though, it's the time I enjoy most with him.  Well, aside from the snuggle time at night.

It's really the little things kids enjoy most.  I could get in my car and drive the ~400yds to the bus stop (we live in a gated apartment complex, definitely not a clear line of sight), but Sam prefers to walk.  Yesterday morning he told me it's because he doesn't want pollution.  Works for me, I think he also likes it means more mommy time.

So, twice a day, on my days off, I get at least a half mile "walk" in.  I say "walk" because it's really at a 7yo's pace.  On the days I close, I get half that because I only take him to the bus stop.....I'm rarely home in time to get him off the bus.

Unfortunately, this is NOT nearly enough walking.  I need a better strategy, but I'm not sure how to do that given I work a seriously screwy schedule.  The only thing that's routine about it are my days off.

Off to ponder.................

No comments:

Post a Comment