Monday, October 8, 2012

Lab results

This is all I got in the mail last week. 



And I've left a message that has yet to be returned.  I'm calling back today.  I want my other two TSH results....I need numbers to make sense of this.  Why?

Well, when I was pregnant with Sam, my blood sugar at the one hour glucose test was 135 mg/dL.  My OB at the time used a 140 mg/dL reference point so no further testing.  However, three and a half years later, pregnant again but using a different OB, it was 130 and he used 130-140 as a reference range.  I wound up failing the 3-hour test miserably, nearly passing out, resulting in a Gestational Diabetes diagnosis and a 9½ pound Henry born 10 days early.  Looking back, I believe I had GD with Sam and maybe, just maybe, other issues would have been prevented.

So, actual numbers mean something to me.  I also have yet to hear back about my thyroid ultrasound.  The swelling has gone down and it's no longer tender.  Maybe it's not my thyroid, but I'd still like some answers.

Next post topic? How stress plays a factor in weight and health issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment